FALLS CHURCH, Va. (June 9, 2022)—Internationally recognized accreditation body AIHA Laboratory Accreditation Programs LLC, also known as AIHA LAP, will take on a new brand identity, announced today to coincide with World Accreditation Day 2022. AIHA LAP’s rebranding includes a new logo, mission statement, and vision, as well as an updated website.
The new brand was developed through collaboration with the Chicago-based agency 88 Brand Partners to express AIHA LAP’s primary function: supporting the health and safety missions of accredited testing laboratories and their clients through programs that assess and affirm lab performance. The updated website provides users with easy access to essential information about the programs offered by AIHA LAP and on topics such as the value of accreditation, how to become accredited, and how to find an accredited laboratory.
According to Cheryl Morton, the managing director of AIHA LAP, the rebrand “reflects the anticipated growth of AIHA LAP into new areas, while also allowing us to continue to operate with the same level of excellence.”
“This is an important milestone for us,” said Morton, “yet AIHA LAP remains committed to building lasting records of trust and recognition with laboratories, their clients, and national and international organizations.”
AIHA LAP has been helping labs and their clients have greater confidence in the dependability of their test data, and thereby make the world a safer place, for almost 50 years. Programs offered by AIHA LAP include:
- The Industrial Hygiene Laboratory Accreditation Program (IHLAP), which is designed specifically for laboratories involved in testing samples for the purpose of evaluating workplace exposures.
- The Environmental Lead Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELLAP), which accredits laboratories that analyze lead in the environment, such as paint, soil, dust, and air.
- The Environmental Microbiology Laboratory Accreditation Program (EMLAP), which is for labs that identify microorganisms in air, fluids, and bulk samples taken for indoor air quality studies.
- The Food Laboratory Accreditation Program (FoodLAP), which is for labs that test food products, including raw agricultural commodities, food ingredients, and finished food products.
- The Unique Scope Laboratory Accreditation Program, which was established to accommodate consumer product testing accreditation and accreditation for other types of testing. This program only offers accreditation under ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
To learn more about AIHA LAP, its services, and the benefits of accreditation, please visit aihaaccreditedlabs.org.
About AIHA LAP
AIHA Laboratory Accreditation Programs LLC is a group of laboratory accreditation programs united by the mission of promoting the production of quality data for use in evaluating exposures that impact public health, the environment, and natural resources. AIHA LAP programs are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and are open to all laboratories wishing to participate.
World Accreditation Day is an initiative established by International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation and the International Accreditation Foundation. On this day, events hosted in over 90 countries aim to raise awareness of the value of laboratory accreditation. The theme of World Accreditation Day 2022 is Accreditation: Supporting Sustainable Development Goals.