What Personal Information is Collected and How AIHA LAP Uses It
AIHA LAP collects personally identifiable information through the Website, including names, addresses, Zip or postal codes, and email addresses, when voluntarily submitted by a user. AIHA LAP does not collect personally identifiable information from users without user permission, and users may correct, modify, or delete any personal information collected by AIHA LAP by request. Website access is not contingent on user registration or disclosure of personal information, though some Website services may only be available to AIHA LAP members and subscribers.
When you submit information to this Website via webform, we collect the data requested in the webform in order to track and respond to your submissions. We share this information with our hosting provider, so that they can provide website services to us.
Additional uses of your Personal Information uses include to answer your questions/requests and communicate with you; to provide you with other services, products, or information you have requested, for research and development; for general business purposes, including but not limited to program operations, fraud detection, marketing, promotions, fundraising activities and communications; to run/administer our website and for internal operations, to measure or understand the effectiveness of our website and to analyze and improve our services, to audit and/or administer our accounts; to report on the impact and effectiveness of our work; and to satisfy legal obligations which are binding on us. We do not request or store social security numbers from users. Any financial information voluntarily provided, for example, to purchase an AIHA LAP product or service, is collected securely and is discarded after processing.
AIHA LAP stores data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until users request to have their information deleted - whichever comes first. Users may request confirmation as to whether or not their personal data is being processed and to access such data.
This Website also collects Personal Information to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Website and provide the highest level of service possible, including:
- Information about your browser, network, and device
- Web pages you visited prior to coming to this website
- Your IP address
- Internal links
- Pages visited
How We Share Personal Information We Collect
Except where set out in this Policy, we do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, in general, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to achieve the purposes set out in this Policy. For example, we may share personally identifiable information with third-parties:
- When the person providing the information authorizes us to share it;
- When the information is shared with a service provider in furtherance of our operations or operations of the Website, for example to process a donation that you make or to fulfill a request that you make;
- To comply with legal processes such as a subpoena or court order or to otherwise protect your or our legal rights; or
- For other purposes for which you provided the information.
Personal information may be collected or processed by third parties and affiliates of AIHA LAP, but will not be shared or used in such a way that an individual is identified.
Except as noted above the AIHA LAP does not provide any third party with user IP addresses, or information derived from user IP addresses.
- Functional and required cookies are always used, which allows our hosting platform, to securely serve this website to you.
- Analytics and performance cookies are used on this website, as described below only when you acknowledge our cookie banner. This website uses analytics and performance cookies to view Website traffic, activity, and other data.
Marketing Emails and Related Communications
We may send you marketing emails, which you can unsubscribe from by clicking the link at the bottom of the email. We share your contact information with our email marketing provider, so they can send these emails on our behalf.
Users may further opt-out of receiving marketing communications from AIHA LAP and AIHA LAP-approved third parties and request correction, modification, or deletion from AIHA LAP contact databases using the contact information provided below.
This website uses font files from Google Fonts and Adobe Fonts. To properly display this Website to you, servers, where the font files are stored, may receive personal information about you, including:
- Information about your browser, network, or device
- Your IP address
AIHA LAP is committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet, and does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children. The Website is intended for use only by individuals who are at least 18 years old. Parents and guardians may contact AIHA LAP at [contact information] to review and remove the personal information of their children that may have been inadvertently collected from their child’s website access.
Links To Other Websites
The Website may contain links to other AIHA LAP affiliated websites and third-party websites (“linked sites”) for users’ convenience and information. Linked sites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest users review should they visit any linked sites. AIHA LAP is not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with AIHA LAP, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
California Consume Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires that companies covered by the law make certain disclosures regarding the personal information they collect, sell and disclose with respect to California residents. We collect the following categories of personal information and disclose them for a business purpose:
- Identifiers/Contact Information
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records provision such as payment information
- Information Related to Characteristics Protected Under California or Federal Law
- Commercial Information including products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing histories
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Geo-location data
- Inferences drawn from the above.
We use and disclose this information for the business purposes described in this policy, including to provide products and services, detect security incidents and prevent fraud, debug and repair errors, maintain your account, provide customer service, verify customer information, conduct research, undertake activities to improve AIHA LAP products and services and understand how users interact with AIHA LAP products and services.
The CCPA also gives California residents certain rights in relation to the use and disclosure of their personal information. These rights include the following:
- Access: California residents have the right to request that California Covered Companies disclose to them, twice in a 12 month period, the personal information those companies have collected from them during the prior 12 months. This may include:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information collected;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for which the personal information was collected or sold;
- The categories of third parties with the personal information was shared; and
- The categories of personal information that were disclosed for a business purpose or sold, and the categories of third parties to whom personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold.
- Deletion: California residents have the right to request that AIHA LAP delete personal information collected from them, subject to certain exceptions.
- Opt-Out of Sale: California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information.
- Freedom from Discrimination: California residents have the right to be free from discrimination for exercising their privacy rights.
California Shine the Light Law
Under California law, residents of the State of California may request from us once per year and free of charge a list of all third parties to whom your personal information has been disclosed during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please submit your request in writing in one of the following two ways:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at:
3120 Fairview Park Dr, Suite 360 Falls Church, VA 22042
For all such requests, you must put the statement, “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line of your request and include your name, street address, city, state, and Zip Code.
This Policy was updated and is effective November 2022.
These govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these in full. If you disagree with these terms or any part of these , you must not use this website.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, add, remove or otherwise modify portions of these , along with any portion of our Website and Service, at any time. Please check these periodically for changes. By posting any amended on this Website, the amendments are effective immediately. Your continued use of this Website following the posting of changes to these means you accept those changes.
Unless otherwise stated, AIHA LAP’s and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights to the Website and material on the Website, including without limitation text, graphics, images, logos, audio or video clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software and are protected by the laws of the United States and other countries and international treaties. All trademarks that are not owned by AIHA LAP that appear on this Website are the property of their respective owners, which may or may not be affiliated with or connected to AIHA LAP. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
License to Use Website
AIHA LAP grants you a limited license to access and make personal, non-commercial use of this Website. Permissible conduct may include viewing, downloading for caching purposes only, and printing pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these .
Except only as expressly provided herein, this Website (or any derivative work version of it), its contents and any member or account information may not in any form or by any means now known or hereafter developed be reproduced, displayed, downloaded, uploaded, published, repurposed, posted, distributed, transmitted, resold, or otherwise exploited for any purpose without our prior express written consent from AIHA LAP. All rights not expressly granted to you above, including ownership and title, are reserved for the owner and not transferred or licensed to you.
Website Users may not:
- Use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction, and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without AIHA LAP’s express written consent;
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- redistribute material from this website (except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution); or
- post or transmit through the Website or Service any material which violates or infringes the rights of others, or which is threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, contains injurious formulas, recipes, or instructions, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
Account Creation and Registration Data
In order to access some of the services offered, applications or products offered by the Website, you may be required to register for an account and/or provide personal information, such as name, email, telephone number and birthdate (“Registration Data”). Although information may be required to participate in certain activities or promotions, participants provide that information voluntarily.
- With the exception of donation confirmation and transaction related communications, every subsequent AIHA LAP email communication will carry a simple opt-out or unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Any suspected abuse of your Registration Data should be reported to the AIHA LAP by using the Contact Information provided below.
- If you use this Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your membership and account information, credit card information, usernames, passwords and IDs that may be required to use the Website from time to time ("Account Information") and for restricting access to your computer or other devices, and you agree that you are responsible for all activity that occurs under or with the use of your Account Information (including, without limitation, usernames and password). AIHA LAP reserves the right in their sole discretion to refuse access to the Website or Services provided through it, terminate accounts and usage rights, edit or remove content or Submissions (as defined below) and cancel orders or requests for materials made through the Website.
Access to certain areas of this website may be restricted. AIHA LAP’s reserves the right to restrict access to areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at AIHA LAP’s discretion.
If AIHA LAP provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
AIHA LAP may disable your user ID and password at AIHA LAP’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these , “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material, and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to AIHA LAP a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to AIHA LAP the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or AIHA LAP or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaints.
AIHA LAP reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on AIHA LAP’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website. Notwithstanding AIHA LAP’s rights under these in relation to user content, AIHA LAP does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. AIHA LAP makes no representations or warranties in relation to this Website or the information and materials provided on this website. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, AIHA LAP does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
We explicitly disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, content or availability of information found on sites that link to or from any AIHA LAP Website. We cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party Website that links to or from any AIHA LAP Website or third-party content on our websites. We do not endorse any of the merchandise (if any) except as expressly provided, nor have we taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third-party sites or content. We strongly encourage you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, AIHA LAP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AIHA LAP DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON ANY AIHA LAP WEBSITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitations of Liability
AIHA LAP will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts, or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action whether in contract or tort (including, but not limited to, negligence, or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for membership in AIHA LAP.
In no event shall AIHA LAP be liable for any breach in transaction security caused by a third-party arising out of or relating to any purchase or attempt to purchase merchandise.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, AIHA LAP has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against AIHA LAP’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect AIHA LAP’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, and sub-contractors as well as AIHA LAP.
AIHA LAP may transfer, sub-contract, or otherwise deal with AIHA LAP’s rights and/or obligations under these Terms without notifying you or obtaining your consent. You may not transfer, sub-contract, or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these.
If a provision of these is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Law and Jurisdiction