Prepare for Accreditation
Getting your program accredited (or re-accredited) is a process that can take upwards of 9 months to complete. To see an overview of the entire process, visit the Get Accredited page.
The first step in accreditation is to assemble your application materials. To formally apply, you will need to do the following:
- Refer to Forms 6A Through 6G – General And Program-Specific Requirements to assist you in assembling your application's required documentation.
- Purchase (and be prepared to provide proof of ownership of) the International Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2017, General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- Be familiar and comply with all relevant AIHA LAP Policy Modules and ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Enroll in the appropriate Proficiency Testing program(s). Please review Policy Module 6, and AIHA LAP Approved Proficiency Testing Programs for more information.
- Submit the application and supporting materials via AIHA LAP's online application system. Access to the application system will be granted after your lab has been assigned a LAP lab ID number.
All set? Contact us to start the application process. An Accreditation Specialist can help you get started today!