Prepare for Accreditation
Getting your program accredited (or re-accredited) is a process that can take upwards of 9 months to complete. To see an overview of the entire process, visit the Get Accredited page.
The first step in accreditation is to prepare for your application. In order to formally apply, you will need to do the following:
- Ensure you are using the most current version of the application and that it aligns with the current AIHA-LAP, LLC Policy Modules. Out-of-date versions will be rejected.
- Read all instructions carefully.
- Purchase (and be prepared to provide proof of ownership of) the International Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2017, General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- Be familiar and comply with all relevant AIHA-LAP, LLC Policy Modules and ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Submit the application and attachments, including a copy of the Quality Manual, via electronic means. The materials will be uploaded through AIHA-LAP’s secure site or may be transmitted via multiple emails (due to email attachment limitations).
- Be prepared to submit all requested attachments. The application Table of Contents will provide direction as to what forms you will need to complete.
- Delete all forms that the laboratory is not required to complete before submitting the application.